John J. Panagotacos, M.D.
As a Marin County native I am honored to be able to take care of those in the community in which I grew up. Even though my years of training took me on a journey around the country, I knew that I wanted to return home to practice medicine here in Marin.
As with all physicians, my goal is to help people who are in need because of medical conditions, and like most doctors, I have a special bond with my speciality of medicine. Neurology is a wonderful field of medicine because of the intricacy of the nervous system and neverending neural changes that take place during one's lifetime. Yet it is the map-like network of connections that is laid out with such amazing precision that grants a calming sense of order and permits a starting point for studying the vast array of neurological conditions.
• University of California, Berkeley, B.A.
• Georgetown University, M.S.
• New York Medical College, M.D.
• St. Mary's Medical Center, San Francisco
• University of California, Los Angeles, Neurology Residency
• University of California, Los Angeles, Comprehensive Stroke and Vascular Neurology Fellowship
• Director of Neurology at the Marin Spine & Brain Institute, 2011-2015
• Medical Director of the Primary Stroke Center at Marin General Hospital, 2011-2015
• Chief of Neurology at Marin General Hospital, December 2017-Current
Certifications & Associations
• Board Certified, American Board of Neurology
• Board Certified, Vascular (Stroke) Neurology, American Board of Neurology
• Co-investigator for 15 Multi-center Stroke Trials
• American Academy of Neurology Prize for Excellence in Neurology
• American Neurological Association Fellowship Research Award